A SPECIAL THANKS!
We would like to extend our most heartfelt thanks to the Anglican Foundation of Canada for their generous grant of $15,000 towards our Raise the Roof campaign. This is amazing news, and puts us much closer to our goal for this vital project.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- St Michaels and All Angels serves a diverse community.
- Its a place of Christian worship and celebration open to all.
- Its a base for Church outreach and the Centre for Peace and Reconciliation.
- Its a home for non-profit secular groups, including 6 addiction support/recovery groups.
- For the arts, with excellent acoustics and a large hall, its a space for rehearsal and performance.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
We need to raise $600,000.
We started with a capital fund of $53,000.
In combination with generous pledges and donations from our parishioners, a $15,000 grant from the Anglican Foundation of Canada, a $5000 grant from the Anglican Territory of the People and conditional approval of a $30,000 grant from NDIT, we are almost halfway at $258,000.
The church has tendered the construction package in January 2021 in order to start the repairs in spring of 2021.
HOW CAN I HELP?
We need parishioners (active and lapsed), building users, the arts community, and all others who have an interest in the church and its programs to make a contribution. This is a contribution that you will see and be proud of every time you pass by this church.
$300 pays for 10 sq ft or 1 m2 of new roof
$1500 pays for 50 sq ft or 5 m2 of new roof
$15,000 pays for preparation and painting of one side of the building
Donations qualify for a tax receipt.